Travel Product Care
Unmake Your Bed
One of the best things you can do is unmake your bed in the morning for a few hours, allowing the moisture you gave off during the night to evaporate from the wool bedding.
Sunning Your Bedding
Placing your wool bedding in the sun a few times per year is an excellent way to refresh and cleanse your bedding using the benefits of the sun. Sunning will naturally deodorize, bleach, disinfect, and revitalize your bedding.Protection Is Key: Protect your wool bedding by placing it inside an appropriate cotton cover that can be washed regularly and act as a barrier for your bedding during everyday use.
- Place a comforter inside a duvet cover
- Put your pillow inside a zippered pillow cover and then into a pillow case
- For mattress toppers, use a moisture barrier and then a fitted sheet
Do I need to wash my bedding before I use it?
No, your wool bedding is ready to use. There’s no need to wash it unless it’s your preference. There are no chemicals located in our production facility, no animals on-site, no finishes used on the fabric and we maintain a Scent Free facility.
Can my bedding be washed & how?
Most of our wool bedding can be washed using our special washing instructions provided with your purchase. If you need a copy of the washing instructions please Contact Us and we’ll email it to you as soon as possible.
In case of emergency:
- Gently spot clean the affected area.
- Set aside to later wash the entire product once you have received the washing instructions.
- You can also treat the problem area with live cultured enzymes which eliminate odors. (i.e. Biokleen makes a product called Bac Out.) These enzyme products can be found at your local health food store/ co-op.
- If you need another copy of the washing instructions, please contact us.
Can I take it to a dry cleaner?
We do not recommend dry cleaning unless it is taken to a certified "green" dry cleaner. Regular dry cleaners use chemicals to clean, defeating the purpose of having a natural bedding product.