Frequently Asked Questions
- Washing & Product Care
- Returns, Shipping, Custom, Policies
- General Bedding & Sleep Questions
- Product Specific Questions
- Mattress Specific Questions
- Clearance Item Questions
- Wool Related
- Cotton Related
- Latex Related
- Chemicals, Dyes, Testing, Certifications
- Allergies & Chemical Sensitivities
What are the best pillows for neck support?
- Orthopedic Neck Pillow is a standard sized neck pillow with two built in neck bolsters with both thick and thin bolsters.
- The Neck Roll is another suitable option to provide structured neck support. Similar to the Orthopedic Neck Pillow, yet it is just a neck bolster.
- The last option, if you like just a little bit of neck support but do not like the idea of a structured neck bolster is our Woolley “Down” pillow. This pillow is malleable and can be formed to a desired shape, perhaps moving the puffs around to create your own neck roll. Because the puffs are not structurally held in place- the density of whatever shape you form will be less than if it is a structured neck bolster in the former two pillows.
How do I know what comforter weight to choose?
To choose the proper temperature weight in a comforter, consider the following:
- What is your typical body temperature?
- Do you find yourself to be generally cold or mostly hot?
- Do you tend to get cold at night or overheat?
- If you sleep with another person you will generate more heat than you would by yourself.
- Assess the bedding you already have at home. Do you want to rely on your comforter by itself to keep you warm or will you be using it in combination with other blankets?
We offer 3 temperature weights to choose from:
Cool Comfort - Best suited for: a hot natured person, a hot climate such as Florida or Southern California, or to be used in climates with mild winters where you can use this blanket in combination with other favorite blankets.
Perfect Comfort - Most people choose this comforter weight. This weight is fine for partner sleeping, can be used year round in most climates and is a great all purpose comforter weight. You may want to add an extra blanket in the heart of winter if needed.
Extra Warmth - This temperature weight is best suited for those who tend to get cold. Great for people who sleep by themselves and tend to like a lot of covers.
Still unsure which thickness is right for you? Order our Comforter Sample Kit for $15.00. The sample is free if you end up purchasing a comforter. Wool Mattress Topper sample kits are available as well.
How do I choose a mattress topper?
- When the goal of adding a topper to your bed is to create a natural sleeping surface, then all of our toppers will work for that purpose.
- When the goal is to create a breathable surface for your body, our wool toppers are more breathable than latex toppers.
- When the goal is to create more cushion (or softness to your bed) then you'll need to determine just how much cushion you would like.
- For maximum cushion try our latex toppers, next try the Quilted Wool Ultimate.
- For slightly less cushion try the Quilted Wool Deep Sleep or the Happy Lamb Fleece.
- People who are in bed for long periods of time or who have fibromyalgia greatly benefit from the Happy Lamb Fleece’s ability to relieve pressure points.
What is the thickness of the Mattress Toppers Deep Sleep and Ultimate?
Talking about the height of a soft and squishy topper in terms of inches can be very challenging. It’s much more accurate to compare products using their total wool weight. Pounds of wool/product can be found on any mattress topper page in the Product Specifications section.
Deep Sleep topper is approximately 1.5-2” thick
Ultimate topper has a loft of about 2.5-3” thick
Still unsure which thickness is right for you? Order our Wool Mattress Topper Sample Kit for $30.00. The sample is free if you end up purchasing a mattress topper. Comforter Sample Kits are available as well.
Do you have samples of your products available?
Our sample collection includes Comforter, Toppers, Wool Blanket and Moisture Barrier samples as well as raw materials sensitivity kits. Find out more about our samples program and how to order.