Frequently Asked Questions
- Washing & Product Care
- Returns, Shipping, Custom, Policies
- General Bedding & Sleep Questions
- Product Specific Questions
- Mattress Specific Questions
- Clearance Item Questions
- Wool Related
- Cotton Related
- Latex Related
- Chemicals, Dyes, Testing, Certifications
- Allergies & Chemical Sensitivities
What types of items can I find in the Clearance Section?
We have very strict quality control measures built into every step in production. So if there is a slight fabric irregularity or it’s slightly off-cut we get to add it to our list. It is also a clearing house for prototypes, different wool types and many other products including raw materials.
Usually, you will find dozens of products in each category:
- Wool Pillows
- Wool Comforters
- Wool Toppers
- Wool Moisture Barriers
- Organic Sheets
- Natural Mattresses
- Organic Baby
- Raw Materials
What types of issues do the items in the Clearance Section have?
- Discontinued items
- Different wool types than are offered in our regular Holy Lamb Organics line
- Off-cut size
- All products are 100% functional and any irregularities are cosmetic only.
In your Clearance Section you offer discounted items with a “small fabric defect”. What does that mean?
A small fabric defect is a minor cosmetic flaw which does not affect the integrity of the product. It is typically a slight irregularity or tiny mark on the fabric which just does not meet our high standards of quality control.
All of the items on our Clearance List are inner bedding items such as pillows, comforters and toppers that will be covered with top of bed linens such as pillow cases, duvet covers and sheets. So not only will you probably never find the little defect- you'll be covering the product anyway.
What is the difference between the different types of wool used at Holy Lamb Organics?
Wool Types For the Holy Lamb Organics Product Line: All of our regular products use wool that is part of our Sustainable Wool Program.
- Premium Eco-Wool™ (PEW): Our famous blend sourced directly from about 20 family farms in Oregon & California, USA. It is the nicest wool we have ever seen- incredibly clean, dust free and virtually vegetable matter free. Growers participate in our Sustainable Wool Program, managing their flocks in a humane, chemical-free, and environmentally thoughtful manner. The vast majority of our products are built with this wool.
- Organic Wool: When we cannot find a wool product in the Premium Eco-Wool ™ blend we source 100% organic wool. This is used in our Woolley “Down” Pillows, Moisture Barrier and Puddle Pad products. It is grown in Australia and milled in the USA.
- Merino Blanket Textile: Made from the purest Merino domestic wool. These local farms come from the greenest parts of the US including Idaho, and Wyoming. Also we make sure our growers adhere to our high standards for purity as well as managing their flocks in a humane, chemical-free, and environmentally thoughtful manner. Produced in accordance with our Sustainable Wool Program. 46 oz. of pure wool in each yard.
Wool Types For Our Clearance List: A clearinghouse for prototypes and very slight product defects. We sometimes offer different wool types in addition to the ones listed above.
- America’s Wool (AW) - A blend of domestic wool still from our Sustainable Wool Program, but again it is sourced from a different wool pool than the PEW & Eco-Wool. Quality is slightly less because it contains more vegetable matter (VM) at about 1% - 1.5%. Whereas, the PEW is virtually vm free which is pretty much unheard of in the wool industry. It is still extremely clean wool as compared with U.S. Wool Standards. America's Wool can be offered at a lower price point.
- World Class Wool - We brought in 1 roll of this to see what it is like. Though not part of the Sustainable Wool Program it does not have any chemicals, nor use of pesticides & herbicides for the pastured sheep. The wool is from family farms in South America, Australia, New Zealand and Europe. Clean, dust-free, this is what most of the wool bedding industry uses. Less expensive so sold at a greater discount. Limited quantity.
- Eco Wool™ - A blend of wool still from our Sustainable Wool Program, but sourced from a global wool pool. A very high quality wool, that we are able to obtain it at a lower price point which we pass onto you. The grower’s are primarily New Zealand & Europe.
Can I return a Clearance Item?
Clearance items are sold as-is and are non-returnable/non-refundable. All products are 100% functional and any irregularities are cosmetic only. Most of our customers can’t even find the issue when they receive their order. Also, keep in mind that most of our products are covered with cases, duvet covers and sheets.