Frequently Asked Questions
- Washing & Product Care
- Returns, Shipping, Custom, Policies
- General Bedding & Sleep Questions
- Product Specific Questions
- Mattress Specific Questions
- Clearance Item Questions
- Wool Related
- Cotton Related
- Latex Related
- Chemicals, Dyes, Testing, Certifications
- Allergies & Chemical Sensitivities
Do I need to wash my bedding before I use it?
No, your wool bedding is ready to use. There’s no need to wash it unless it’s your preference. There are no chemicals located in our production facility, no animals on-site, and we have a scent-free facility.
Note: If you have lost our special washing instructions, please Contact Us prior to washing your wool bedding.
Can the wool bedding be washed and how do I wash it?
Most of our wool bedding can be washed using our special washing instructions provided with your purchase. If you need another copy, please Contact Us and we will email it as soon as possible.
For emergencies, late night accidents or when Holy Lamb Organics is closed and you are not able to get in touch with us:
- Gently spot clean the affected area in the sink.
- Set aside to later wash the entire product once you have received the washing instructions.
- You can also treat the problem area with live cultured enzymes which eliminate odors. (i.e. Biokleen makes a product called Bac-Out Stain+Odor Remover.) These enzyme products can be found at your local health food store/co-op.
My cat peed, kid threw up...What do I do?
- Remove soiled material.
- Hand wash the specific area where the urine is concentrated before attempting to wash the entire comforter.
- Follow the instructions provided with your product. Contact Us if you need another copy of the instructions.
- In the soaking stage, add a dose of live cultured enzymes (try Bac Out by Biokleen) to the water and let your bedding soak for a good while.
- Continue washing your product using the specific washing instructions provided with your purchase.
I lost my washing instructions, how can I obtain another copy?
If you need a copy of the washing instructions please Contact Us and we will email it to you as soon as possible.
Can I put my wool bedding in the dryer?
No, we don’t recommend putting your items in the dryer. Drape the items in the sun or a warm place to dry.